Om kunden / About the Client
Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands in the product areas Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products (cigars and chewing tobacco), and Lights (matches and lighters). Well known brands include General snus, Longhorn moist snuff, White Owl cigars, Red Man chewing tobacco, Fiat Lux matches, and Cricket lighters. Swedish Match is one of the largest companies in Sweden with a market capitalization of over 40 billion SEK. The Group sells products across the globe, with production units in six countries. More than a third of total company sales and more than half of the operating profit come from the product area Snus and moist snuff. In Sweden, the Group has an independent distribution company. Swedish Match also owns 50 percent of SMPM International (a joint venture with Philip Morris International for snus outside of Scandinavia and the US). In addition, Swedish Match holds a 49 percent ownership interest in Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG). The Group’s global operations generated sales of 12,761 MSEK for the twelve month period ending June 30, 2014. The average number of employees during 2013 was 4,382. The Swedish Match share is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
Arbetsbeskrivning / Work Description
Opportunity to work closely with senior management in the area of Corporate Sustainability
– including business and sustainability analysis, sustainability reporting and communication, and helping to drive the direction and process for Swedish Match’s sustainability efforts:
In the role as Director Corporate Sustainability, you are responsible for managing, controlling, and guiding the corporate sustainability process, providing strategic input and updates to the SVP Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability as well as coordinating all sustainability related communication to internal and external stakeholders. Your tasks include compiling an annual Sustainability Report, communicating with key stakeholders on sustainability topics, and driving awareness and engagement of sustainability across the Swedish Match organization. You will also be responsible for developing competencies and/or knowledge within the sustainability area among key staff in different parts of the organization. Furthermore, you will have the responsibility to drive and/or participate in smaller and larger ad-hoc sustainability projects. This is done with help of the IR & CS team and other departments.
Further, many strategic projects or initiatives are led by the Corporate Sustainability team, often involving deep interactions with Operating Unit and/or Group management.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to work in a highly professional and international environment working closely with senior management, which promotes personal development and professionalism. You will be part of a high performing team, working with strategic, operational, and financial duties from a sustainability point of view in a very successful consumer goods company.
The position is located at the Corporate head offices on Västra Trädgårdsgatan 15 in Stockholm. From spring 2015 the head office will be located at Sveavägen 44 in Stockholm.
Din profil / Your profile
• To ensure that Swedish Match sustainability work aligns with Swedish Match’s vision and strategy.
• To direct and further develop the sustainability strategy and tactics.
• To develop, implement, and drive working culture and change towards a sustainable company.
• To work with the SVP of Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability in updating and revising policies pertaining to sustainability.
• To decide on communication activities and documentation to internal and external stakeholders.
• To lead the project of compiling and publishing Swedish Match’s annual Sustainability Report.
• To lead the Corporate Sustainability team.
• To work with the department’s CSR Coordinator and the SVP Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability to respond to stakeholder questionnaires; respond to other enquiries (students etc.); answer enquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To take part in working with Swedish Match’s Annual Report: Collect and present sustainability information, co-responsible for content in the sustainability section, general proof reading as well as translation.
Education and work experience:
• Master of Science in Business and Economics (or equivalent).
• Executive education in CSR, Sustainability, or similar.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Sustainability, Business Analysis, Management Consulting, or similar.
Skills and capabilities:
• Ability to direct, manage, and develop staff.
• Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks, such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 or G4 framework, Integrated Reporting etc.
• Skills in project and change management.
• Being good with numbers and having an eye for detail at the same time as being a good and pedagogical communicator.
• Good at working independently but also being a team player.
• Excellent English and Swedish language skills.
• MS Office (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel).
You are a high performing individual with a strong interest in CSR/Sustainability, with excellent presentation and communication skills. You are passionate about your work, and are comfortable with taking ownership and driving projects. You have a great sense of accuracy and good analytical skills. You are self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment, but also are comfortable working individually with minimal direction.
You are fluent in both English and Swedish, both in speaking and in writing. English is the primary language in this position.
Well versed in CSR/Sustainability topics, or closely related areas.
Övrigt / Other
In this recruitment process, Swedish Match cooperate with Inhouse AB, Peder Mårtensson, 0708-14 88 00. Application form can be registered at www.inhouse.se