We are currently looking for a talented Global PR Manager with a deep knowledge of the industry in which we work (music, lifestyle and tech) that will help us take Public Relations to the next level. The Global PR Manager will be responsible for telling the Marshall story around the world. Whether it´s speaking to journalists, industry commentators, thought leaders, influencers and the wider music, tech and lifestyle community, you´re the voice of Marshall Headphones. You will work in close collaboration with the rest of the brand team to ensure that we continue driving our key messaging in our key markets and make a hell of an impact wherever we are.
Our next Global PR manager has several years of international lifestyle experience, as well as substantial experience promoting lifestyle brands, managing external agencies and developing strategic communication plans.
The position will be responsible for defining and implementing global Public Relations strategies and plans, in line with the brand vision, supporting Marshall Headphones overall global business goals. The PR manager is responsible for implementing these strategies in our five key markets by leading and directing local PR agencies in six territories. Taking direction from the global communications strategy, you will generate strategic, qualitative brand, category and product exposure for Marshall Headphones. The Global PR manager will work across a broad media landscape of lifestyle, fashion, design, music, news and technology publications in print and digital. They will also establish an advocate network of influencers, YouTubers, tech bloggers and key online communities.
The Marshall Headphones portfolio includes design-centric products of a highly technical nature (innovative software and hardware). It is important the Global PR Manager is comfortable developing tailored messaging within category landscape while also maintaining our broad media appeal as a lifestyle brand.
The ideal candidate
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant field.
• Proven experience driving PR strategies (short and long-term) for international brands.
• Experience driving experiential PR campaigns (product launches and brand building campaigns preferred).
• Experience working with online influencers and/or tech bloggers.
• Used to working as an international spokesperson at events and tradeshows to foster an understanding of brands, their values and product assortments.
• Strong experience from working with tools (like CISION, Tribe, Traackr, Majestic or similar) to calculate expected coverage pre-launch/event and create evaluations post launch/event with PR ROI and key recommendations for future projects.
• Experience developing monthly/yearly PR reports.
• A strong portfolio that illustrates successful PR campaigns.
• Degree within PR, Journalism, communications or equivalent.
• High level of creativity as the role includes developing PR campaigns, norm-breaking experiential launches and promotions that resonate with the target audience.
• Fluent in British English (we are a British brand), both spoken and written.
• Comfortable working with both tech and lifestyle media.
• Ability to work both high and low (strategic and operational) when needed.
• Managing PR budget.
• Crisis management.
• Experience from working in a start-up company.
• Global network within tech and lifestyle media.
• Having worked at a PR agency.
• Knowledge about the Marshall brand.
• Passion for music and especially Rock ´N´ Roll.
• Experience working in or with the music industry.
• Experience managing PR agencies from a strategic point of view.
As a person, you are independent and collaborative and have both a strategic and commercial mind. You are proactive and know how to get things done and how to manage your time. You have a huge interest in PR and have worked either in-house or at an agency. You have a proven track record of success in garnering substantial earned media impressions as well as delivering top-tier media and publicity results. But most important, you love the Marshall brand and you are ready to join the team and get your hands dirty (and have fun!).
You will report to the Brand Director but work closely with the Marketing Communications Manager and Creative Director.
About the company
Zound Industries was founded at the end of 2008, and our first products hit the market in December 2009. Since then we have sold over 15 million products, established four brands to connect with different audiences, set up distribution in more than 100 markets and are widely available at over 20,000 locations globally, including Best Buy, Urban Outfitters, Colette, FNAC, Media Markt, Elkjop, Telia and Currys. To read more about Zound Industries journey, please visit or company website: http://www.zoundindustries.com/module/an-introduction-to-zound/
Zound Industries claims the fashion statement in the CE business; to make electronics fashionable and fashion electronic and have about 140 employees, based in our HQ´s in Sweden, the US and China.
If you think that you are the person we are looking for, we would love to receive your application with your CV and one example of your most creative global PR campaign with proven results, and a short summary about yourself.
Deadline for applications is August 15th.
We look forward hearing from you!