Om kunden / About the Client
The Walt Disney Company has been actively present with a local organization in the Nordic region since the beginning of the 1990s. Today, around 200 people work in the regional headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Oslo, Copenhagen and Helsinki – also representing the company in Iceland and the Baltic countries – across all five global business segments: Studio Entertainment, Media Networks, Disney Consumer Products, Parks and Resorts and Disney Interactive Media Group.
The Company’s first product launch in the Nordics was a Mickey Mouse book series published in Denmark in the early 1930s. In 1948, the Donald Duck magazine was introduced and it soon became a huge success, even today remaining key to the local business and brand affinity across the region. The Walt Disney Company Nordic is a division of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) a leading diversified global family entertainment and media enterprise. The Company employs about 150,000 people across six continents with global headquarters located in Burbank, CA, The U.S.
Arbetsbeskrivning / Work Description
Disney Channel’s Nordic marketing department is responsible for consumer and B2B marketing of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior in the Nordic region. The key objective of the department is to support ratings performance, channel brand / franchise awareness as well as supporting the affiliate and DM+ sales teams.
The team is now looking for a highly creative and outgoing marketing professional whose main remit will be to lead the daily operation of the off-air channel marketing department, consisting of three team members.
In this role, you will report to Disney Channel’s Marketing Director. The role includes planning and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns and ongoing communication with the key objective of driving ratings, awareness and reach of the Disney Channel brands (Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Jnr) and its franchises. The role will in addition to this be responsible for franchise management of the Tween franchise segment within Walt Disney Company Nordic, reporting directly to the CMO.
Within Channel marketing your primary tasks will be:
• Manage the marketing team of 2-3 people
• Campaign planning
• Digital marketing
• Research and analysis
• Manage and monitor the channel marketing budget
Within Franchise marketing your primary objectives will be:
• Develop and drive the Nordic strategy and plans for the Tweens franchise
• Lead product and content strategies for franchise
• Act as the chief influencer and voice of the franchise for TWDC Nordic
• Manage the franchise virtual P&L
Din profil / Your profile
Skills and qualifications:
• Proven experience within Marketing ideally focused on the Scandinavian market (Minimum 5 years)
• Proven leadership skills, with previous experience from managing people
• Digital experience and passion for digital marketing campaigns
• Ability to formulate, manage and deliver successful marketing campaigns
• Entertainment or TV experience desired but not essential
• Experience from kids marketing/insights desired but not essential
• Fluent in English both written and spoken essential
To fit in this role you are required to think strategically, build relationships and communicate effectively with both your team and other key stakeholders around this role. Furthermore you need to be inspiring and innovative and have a strong business sense and negotiation skills.
Övrigt / Other
This job is a fulltime, permanent position at The Walt Disney Company. Limited travel may be required. Does this sound interesting? Your application must be in English and the application deadline is 2014-06-24. For questions regarding the position, please contact Kajsa Tamsen. All applications are made via the job application form at https://www.inhouse.se/jobb/marketing-manager-to-the-walt-disney-company.