Are you the one we are looking for?
We are looking for a Communication Manager with experience from either the gaming or entertainment industry and have excellent skills within issue management. This is a fixed term maternity cover contract at King´s Stockholm office.
The Communications Manager is part of King’s Corporate and Internal Communications team, and responsible for leading the delivery of corporate communications functions across King’s business, with a focus on the Stockholm office (additional support to Malmö and Berlin office), and supporting internal communications globally.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate and Internal Communications, you will focus on:
• Developing strategies to provide exceptional run of business external communications activities in Sweden (and elsewhere when required)
• Supporting internal communications across all King offices
Your role within the Kingdom includes work with both external ans internal communication such as:
• Lead on all External corporate communications for Sweden, developing and executing a communications programme for the Swedish market that addresses key stakeholder needs
• Subject matter expert for comms / business units in Sweden
• Deliver positive media coverage of King in Sweden
• Manage reactive media requests including crisis and issues
• Provide event speaker event support, developing an external speaking strategy and assisting King employees deliver the messages at external events
• Creating content for external use in English and Swedish
• Support the in- house press office, including monitoring of email@example.com
• Assist with the monitoring of coverage either print, broadcast or online about the company and about significant activity in their operating businesses particularly across social media
• Support the delivery of monthly Kingdom Calls and support Exec Q&As.
• Support the development and delivery of King’s internal communications strategy, embracing all channels including events, screens, notices, email, newsletters and others as required
• Represent Internal Communications on agreed internal forums
• Provide Swedish POV on internal comms
• Draft updates on communications team activity to send around the business
The ideal candidate
Skills to create thrills:
• Exceptional written, verbal and visual communication skills in English and Swedish essential, German a plus
• Experience of creating and delivering corporate communications strategies
• Experience and confidence in dealing with Swedish and international media
• Experience supporting leaders with media and speaking engagements
• Experience of managing a PR agency
• An understanding of the different communications needs and audiences within an organisation and how to respond to those
• Project management skills
• Skilled in Microsoft office packages
• Possess the ability to work effectively and as part of a team in a fast- paced environment
• Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills* Academic qualification in relevant discipline, degree / diploma preferred
• Professional qualification in Public Relations desirable
• Professional qualification in Internal Communications desirable
• Experience working in the games/tech/entertainment industry
• Experience working in a global context and/or matrix organization
About the company
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We’re dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
The role is a fixed term maternity cover contract. Applications needs to be in English.